DEHNguard modular with Advanced Circuit Interruption (Safe Dimensioning)
- New technology “Advanced Circuit Interruption” (ACI) integrated with the protection module, consists of a switch/spark gap combination
- Due to ACI technology, no external backup fuse required
- Small connection cross-sections (6 mm² Cu) absolutely sufficient *)
- TOV withstand also at 440 V (AC)
- High system reliability, no tripping of 32 A gG fuses
- Zero leakage current due to galvanic isolation by ACI switch unit
- Energy coordination with other arresters of the Red/Line product family
- Vibration and shock-tested according to EN 60068-2
*) All live conductors should be wired so that they inherently short-circuit and earth fault-proof
ACI: The highest level of safety
Equipped for the future: Surge protection with ACI technology
The new ACI Technology – Advanced Circuit Interruption – improves the safety of your electrical systems.
New: The switch/spark gap combination in type 2 arrester DEHNguard ACI makes upstream fuses superfluous. As a backup fuse is no longer required, you save time, space, and material.
A further bonus: you eliminate possible configuration errors made when selecting and dimensioning a suitable backup fuse.
Reduce expenses and make your system safe!
For the highest possible availability – to keep your system up and running
The switch/spark gap combination in DEHNguard ACI is connected in series with a varistor. At the end of the service life of the ACI surge arrester, any fault current is interrupted by the varistor through the switch/spark gap combination connected in series and reduced to such an extent that not even the smallest fuses in the system are tripped.
This means much greater availability and operational safety for the system in comparison with standard type 2 arresters with external fuses.
|Standard solution||CI technology||ACI technology|
|Smaller connection cross-section – only 6mm2 always sufficient||–||–||√|
|Longer service life due to TOV withstand and zero leakage current||–||–||√|
|Monitoring overcurrent protection||–||√||√|
|More space in the switchgear cabinet||–||√||√|
|No external backup fuse needed||–||√||√|
|Thermo Dynamic Control||√||√||√|
|Protective effect of a type 2 arrester||√||√||√|