Protection against lightning
Part 4: Electrical and electronic systems within structures
The text of document 81/370/FDIS, future edition 2 of IEC 62305-4, prepared by IEC TC 81, Lightning protection, was submitted to the IEC-CENELEC parallel vote and was approved by CENELEC as EN 62305-4 on 2011-01-13.
This European Standard supersedes EN 62305-4:2006+corr.Nov.2006.
This EN 62305-4:2011 includes the following significant technical changes with respect to EN 62305-4:2006 + corr. Nov. 2006:
1) Isolating interfaces capable of reducing conducted surges on lines entering the structure are introduced.
2) Minimum cross-sections for bonding components are slightly modified.
3) First negative impulse current is introduced for calculation purposes as electromagnetic source of harm to the internal systems.
4) Selection of SPD with regard to voltage protection level is improved to take into account oscillation and induction phenomena in the circuit downstream of SPD.
5) Annex C dealing with SPD coordination is withdrawn and referred back to SC 37A
6) A new informative Annex D is introduced giving information on factors to be considered in the selection of SPDs.
Attention is drawn to the possibility that some f the elements of this document may be the subject of patent rights. CEN and CENELEC shall not be held responsible for identifying any or all such patent rights.
The following dates were fixed:
– latest date by which the EN has to be implemented
at national level by publication of an identical
national standard or by endorsement (dop) 2011-10-13
– latest date by which the national standards conflicting
with the EN have to be withdrawn (dow) 2014-01-13
Annex ZA has been added by CENELEC.