Lightning Current Counter LCC
Indirect lightning current counter is designed for easy mounting on a down conductor to effectively count the number of lightning strikes captured by surge protectors. LCC measures lightning strikes by the induction of current and does not require the use of any external power source.
- Accurate count
- Strong anti-interference ability
- Can save the data round one month ever if power cut
- DIN rail style, easily install and use match with surge protective device
|Working a.c. voltage||220 V AC (50/60 Hz)|
|Min count current||> 1 kA, response time 8~10μs|
|LCD indicator||2 digit (0~99)|
|Sequence of impulse||> 1s|
|For mounting on||35 mm DIN rail acc. to EN 60715|
|Place of installation||indoor installation|
|Degree of protection||IP 20|
|Capacity||2 module(s), DIN 43880|
LCC should be installed at a position along the down conductor (or PE Line) length where it can be accessed easily for inspection. Typically LLC should be installed approximately 2 m from ground level or alternatively within the earth pit at the lower termination point of the down conductor(copper cable).
When installing the Counters the following should be considered:
- LCC should be mounted away from areas where damage may occur due to theft, vandalism or nearby operations.
- LCC can be enclosed in a security enclosure but the display should be kept visible to allow for the checking of recorded strikes.